The fashion industry uses social media to reach out to their target audiences, but which labels are leading the way when it comes to effective, compelling usage of these channels? We agreed with our friends at Thehighlow.com . They listed the top five winners of 2011 whom had engaging contests and clever giveaways. Take a look at the list:
1. Oscar de la Renta: Using Facebook, the luxury designer Oscar de la Renta reached out to a younger generation.
2. Bergdorf Goodman: Like Oscar de la Renta, Bergdorf’s Twitter handle is a particularly good example of an oft-updated, fun-spirited extension of the brand
3. Gap: Gap was one of the big social media winners this year for their experimental nature alone.
4. Barneys New York: We loved Barneys’ creative, poetic Twitter contest this year. .
5. Coach: Coach launched new, specialized social media to represent their brand. They smartly created a separate Facebook page for their men’s division, and partnered with bloggers to feature exclusive content on the page.
Your shopping cart is empty
Visit the shop