July was an exciting, eventful, yet tragic month for the Twitter world, and all the loyal tweeters out there kept the important things trending globally. Here we’ve found a list from Mashable.com of the Top 10 Twitter trends for the month of July. It’s not very surprising that many of the trends are entertainment/television/movie related as people stayed inside trying to avoid the scorching heat, but fear not we haven’t all become television drones, a few important news stories found their way onto this list. Take a look and see if you missed anything important that went on in the month of July.
1. Soccer: In July we got to see the American women’s devastating loss to Japan in the FIFA Women’s World Cup, and the Copa America football competition in South America
2. Harry Potter: The final film in the seven part series of the Harry Potter saga was released and you know J.K. Rowling has an army of followers that were counting down the seconds until they could go storming into theaters with their pointed hats and wizard’s robes
3. Phineas & Ferb: some of the older people may not know exactly who Phineas & Ferb are, but they are Disney characters that have a highly anticipated movie coming out August 5th, and fans have been talking aboout it very excited for the past month
4. Norway: The tragic explosions/shooting in Oslo, Norway last month prompted a wide show of support and outrage by many people following the case as bits and pieces unfolded as to why such a tragic event took place in such a beautiful and peaceful land.
5. Justin Bieber: Do I even need to elaborate? We all know his “beliebers” get him to trend worldwide at least once a day
6. Twitter: How could we not talk about the site we love so much with trends like #ThingsWeLearnedOnTwitter
7. Nickelodeon: Anyone that grew up in the ’90s has been raving about the block of programming starting at midnight that Nickelodeon created called “The ’90s Are All That” which features cartoons and other shows from the ’90s that many have not seen since their childhood
8. Casey Anthony Trial: People stopped what they were doing all over to gather around and hear the verdict of the Casey Anthony trial, and many of them sounded off on Twitter to express their disgust and outrage when they found out she was not convicted
9. Amy Winehouse: the tragic and untimely death of singer Amy Winehouse at all too young age of 27 brought out her fans and supporters to mourn her loss on Twitter
10. Cowboys & Aliens: the film which blends Westerns and Sci-Fi Thrillers was highly anticipated and got very positive responses as it hit box offices near the end of July
Your shopping cart is empty
Visit the shop